Awesome Quotes About Freedom for Independence Day
1. "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
2. "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."
3. "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
4. "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
5. "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
6. "Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance."
7. "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
8. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
9. "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
10. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
11. "[W]e look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms. The first is freedom of speech and expression--everywhere in the world. The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way--everywhere in the world. The third is freedom from want--which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants--everywhere in the world. The fourth is freedom from fear--which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor--anywhere in the world."
12. "Freedom lies in being bold."
13. "Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure."
--Stephen King (From "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption")
14. "Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life."
15. "Liberties aren't given, they are taken."
16. "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty."
17. "I never said, 'I want to be alone.' I only said, 'I want to be let alone!' There is all the difference."
18. "Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide."
19. "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself."
20. "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."
21. "If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary."